Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gardens, Gardens, all around




We bought our dream home last spring. Part of our dream, well my dream, is landscaping with lots of flowers and plants to look at and smell. Well our dream house came complete with 10 (at last count) flower beds. I roamed around yesterday and spent sometime visiting my sleeping jungle of color. Its still to cold for even my darling crocus to peak through the frozen ground.
When I last spoke to the former owner who planted most/all of what I have she and I agreed to the welcome of fall and winter to give us a break from the weed pulling and dead heading. However a long Michigan winter ensures a tremble of anticipation for the spring thaw that means a return to my leather gloves and garden clogs. Here of some pictures of my sleeping beauties.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

All your pictures are making me giddy for Spring...can't wait to see those gardens in bloom :)