Thursday, April 03, 2008

Rebirth

Spring has officially sprung. I have the most lovely orange crocus flowers popping up through the ground and smiling at all who pass them. Sorry I have no picture today but I'll take one tomorrow.
The kids have spent the last three days playing outside and running the length of the property with the dogs and cat. They have come in each night with pink cheeks and smell of the dirt and grass outside. Oh how I love that smell.
There is something so poetic in waiting for spring to arrive and the rebirth of all that silently awaits its moment to sing and also awaiting the birth of our newest child. This pregnancy has been a gift of reflection and a lesson is patience I have not experienced before. It truly is amazing this gift of life God has given us both before and after we are born.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I have not had to prod my children at all this week to go outside...Spring is calling them too! :)

Stephanie said...

I'm so so happy that spring is finally here!!!:))))) Can hardly contain myself;)
I can't wait to get together on our front porches for tea:))