Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Rosebud

So my darling Rosie had outpatient surgery today. She had a pyogenic granuloma above her left eye right at her brow bone. The surgery to remove it normally would have been in office but because she is 20 months old they used gas to make her sleepy and that required a hospital. All went well the procedure lasted a mere 10 minutes or so. The doctor came right out and got my husband and me. Then he looks at me and says in so many words. Well everything went great except..... we had the gas mask on her face and when I (the doc) use the tool to cauterize the blood vessels it burned her eyebrow off. But it will grow back. Now don't get me wrong I like this doctor and to be honest I really don't like any doctors. But, I could swear when I was in elementary school they mentioned something about fire and gas not mixing well together. Do you think maybe all the doctors and nurses present missed that day of school in their childhood. Yeah that's probably a stretch huh?

Anyhow our little Rosebud is no worse for the wear and bounced back with a vengeance. She was singing me songs in no time. I'm just grateful all went well in the end and I am able to laugh about it.

God Bless

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

She's so beautiful, Kelli...glad to here everything went well. (except the whole eyebrow thing, of course...that's crazy.) I sprained my ankle slipping on some ice yesterday so I'm hobbling around over here.

Stephanie said...

She is a sweetie pie. I can't get over how much she looks like Nathan!