Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks

Wow Thanksgiving is in two days. Here in Michigan we have had an incredibly mild fall. This I think has lead to the feeling of a long summer. This season has literally crept up out of no where. Well I am so excited to be spending our very first holiday season in our new home. I can't wait to have our families over and celebrate. So here are the things I am so very grateful for.


I am thankful for my incredible husband and spectacular kids. I'm grateful for the love they give to me every day. I'm thankful that my parents are still with me and have their health. That my children have grandparents who love to spend time with them. I'm thankful to have such awesome friends who help me find the joy in the difficulties of our days. I'm thankful that Ross has a job and that we can buy gifts for our families this Christmas. I'm thankful for a warm home, clean water, and plentiful food. I'm thankful for God and His never ending love for me. I am thankful to him for all His creations like sunrises and sunsets. Lilacs, and the soft fur of my cat Chloe. For all of the very small things that make us who we are.
Most of all I'm thankful that God has given me the eyes to know enough to look for all these things in life and to be thankful they are here to be seen.


Ok I know that may have gotten a little cheesy but, well that's just me.
Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was not cheesy at all. I was reading in the paper how the food banks are really low this year and I thought to myself "my worries over gifts for two little girls who have too much right now does not even compare to the heartache I felt after thinking of families not having anything to eat on Thanksgiving". God spreads his love in amazing ways. Giving us little signs to humble us in our times of greed and self pity. God is simply amazing and I am thankful for that!!

Ruthie said...

That's the real stuff of life...the very best...amazing how we take so much of it forgranted most of the time. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!