Saturday, December 08, 2007

Drama

Life can be so dramatic. For me, in my youth I thrived on it. I still enjoy a dose I suppose now and then but over all I try to avoid it. What amazes me is how things can be so calm and tranquil and then all of a sudden Bam! you get nailed with it. For some reason the Christmas season seems to bring it out in my extended family. But that's not what today is about.
Thursday evening was like any other I'd just got snuggled into bed when the phone call came.
My mother in law (whom I love to pieces) called frantic. At first I thought my father in law had a heart attack but, it turns out our trailer along with their garage were on fire and burning fast. Mom got out of the house safe with my sweet little niece Claire when the neighbor broke open a window. Fire department and 7 emergency vehicles arrived to put the fire out but all was lost except the house of course. Thank you Lord. Now we are all dealing with insurance companies and the like. This is the kind of drama I could do without.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

None of us can use that kind of drama! Sorry to hear about the trailer and garage...glad everyone was safe, though. Hopefully all the insurance stuff is going smoothly.

take care!