Thursday, February 07, 2008

Found something

So not to long ago somebody said some really not nice things about me. This person is unaware that I am aware but thats a long story.
I fumed for about a week, ranted for a few days, and then proceded to pray for the wisdom to handle it as Jesus would want me to. It takes me while sometimes.
Anyway I decided to use the experiance to learn a little more about myself.
Here goes, the not nice things had to do with the choices I have made in my life to be a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom. The two biggest decisions I have made in my life. At first I thought "how dare they, they have no idea who I am and why I do what I do" then I relized.....duh, of course they don't or it wouldn't have been said. Fast forward to moment of enlightenment. I am my childrens mother. I am their caretaker and educator. I will love them like no one else. I have been entrusted with giving them the tools in life to make good people out of them. Christ gave all of these gifts and responsibilites to me. This is my vocation. My calling in life. Christ called me and I responded. I took the challange that this lifestyle entailes and will do my best to keep it working. This challange to my character is simply an opportuninty by God to refreshen my reslove to follow the path he has laid out for me.
We are all called to different things in life. Gods plan for each of us is as unique and as beautiful and we are. I feel so refreshed to have such a clear sense of where He wants me. (at least for now)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sometimes when we get caught up in the everyday momemts we forget that everyday and every minute is a gift from God. It is hard and easier said than done to just stop and live in the right now of it all. So glad that you had this moment, we all need them:))

Stephanie said...

Happy Valentines Day:))))))

Ruthie said...

Hope everyone's on the mend over there and feeling better. Go away snow so we can enjoy some warm sunshine and pretty flowers with a nice cup of tea. I'm curios about that new little guy's name, too! :)

Stephanie said...

Kelli.....where are you??????
Hope everything is ok over there;))

RJ said...

I work every day with women in the workforce. Every time they see that photo of you and the kids on my desk they remark "I could never handle that."

You are the strongest, smartest and bravest woman I know. Don't let what anyone else has to say ever make you think less of yourself!