Friday, February 22, 2008

Daddys


My husband is the very best of husbands. He is patient and loving, kind and thoughtful. I have such a crush on him.

He however is an even better daddy. Dads are super special and important to our children. Not only to their hearts but to their actually development. I learned with our first child how true this is. Moms snuggle, kiss, comfort. Dads chase, throw in the air, toss in the pool, you know rough house. My children reveal in this attention. Even our 2 year old will run to the door when he walks in for a super squeeze and belly nibble from her daddy. I know what moms do is important but oh those daddies. Girls if you do nothing else to the father of your children do not, I repeat do not correct them when they toss that baby in the air, do not have a fit when the wrestle those kids to the ground and tickle them till they scream because they need it. Both the dads and the kids. After awhile you'll even catch yourself laughing with them.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Aren't papas the most fun?!! Even our puppy gets into the act when Papa gets home :)

Ruthie said...

Nice new look, Kelli! :)

Stephanie said...

Maddie just had a special day with her daddy, she went ice fishing!! I had protested this one before, her being too little and all. Now she is old enough and guess what.....she loved it!! I knew she would, little girls crave daddy attention and I remember going out ice fishing with my step dad, it was so much fun. Great post Kelli, I miss you;)