Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bad case of the I wants........

So my husband was worried about how much stress I've been under and took over the bills for me. I reluctantly agreed. Not for any reason other than I'm a control freak. Anyway, I have found that I rather enjoy not being responsible for the mountain of bills that accumulates each month.
So here's the new problem. I want everything now. New clothes for the family, shoes, boots, all things that we actually need but can't afford to just go out and buy all at once. Then there is the subject of interior design. I love my new home I just can't stand how the former homeowners decorated. So my little brain is working over time wanting to get each room decorated to my specifications NOW. I have always sucked at patience. I'm trying to learn how to save money first and buy when I have the cash. Problem is that takes so damn long. All help would be welcomed with this one.
Chow.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry girlfriend I cannot offer much advise in this department. I am the same way. I'm trying, thinking of the future but man I really want a new kitchen and bathroom and all of these pretty Christmas decorations........ SO ya see no help here. Hey we're only human right;) Well think of it this way, you're not the only one hehe.

Ruthie said...

Okay, friend...here's my offering: Two things: Gratitude and Presence. Not that I have mastered these practices (far from it) but I have experienced the transforming power of both. First, start a long inventory of all the things in your life you have to be thankful for. Write about it, blog about it, talk about it, think about it. I'll join you in the process. Second, make sure your heart and mind are the same place your body is. Be present, be mindful. This moment, now, is the only moment you have...embrace it for what it is...a joyful moment, sad moment, learning moment. Be there fully. That is real living.
Notice the stuff of life.... sweeping crumbs, drying tears, warm steam rising from a pot of soup, children's laughter and the sweet quiet when all are asleep.
Take a deep breath and take it all in moment by moment. It is all good. You are going to be okay...YOU are going to be great.

Sorry about missing our tea time...we need to get some girl time going!

:) Ruthie