Friday, May 09, 2008

Second Chances continued.......

After Grandmas passing I worried about my Grandpa spending the rest of his life alone. He and grandma were married for over 45 years. However, as some widowers do Grandpa meet someone from his past and a new fire was kindled.
Enter Miss Helen. This woman is a gift from God. She is gental, funny, loving and compassionate. I honestly can't say enough nice things. Well I am thrilled to announce Miss Helen will become Grandma Helen tommorow. They will be getting married in her church and all of my children will be in the wedding. We had the rehearsal yesterday and had a wonderful time.
I explained to my kids that we will be refering to Miss Helen as Grandma Helen so as not to forget or confuse them when we speak of Grandma Phillips. I still want them to remember and know who I am talking about when my grandma is mentioned. However, the love I have in my heart for this new woman is great and I look forward to sharing in the rest of our lives.

No comments: