Friday, September 21, 2007

My little man

So I have this little guy named Colin. He is 4 and believes himself to be indestructible. He also lives in his own little world where if he doesn't like the rules he just smiles, gives you the thumbs up and goes on his merry way to do it anyway. Problem is he is so charming that its super hard to stay mad at him long enough to punish him.

Now this leads to my story. Time: 7 pm Place: my drive way c
Colin loves vehicles. He especially like trucks. Well my hubby and I just got new trucks. My husband has a Chevy Silverado and its purtey . Colin is not supposed to play on or in the trucks.
Yeh you know where I'm goin'. Picture this ....... One cute little man standing on back bummer of truck pulling on latch to tailgate. Tailgate opens falls into one little man, knocks little man backwards onto concrete driveway. KNOCKS HIM OUT!!!!!!!!
Fast forward to er and sleepover at the hospital with mom.

Little man is ok he did fracture his noggin a little but he has been doing super good.

Problem is he doesn't want to leave the hospital. Imagine you are the fourth kid out of 5 and all of a sudden mom and dad are giving you their undivided attention, the nurses will bring you anything you want to eat and most important of all you have full control of your own remote control to the tv. If he didn't have a needle in his hand I think he would cry when we leave. (note: I'm still at the hospital)

Any way for those who know us our little man is still the ruler of his universe but maybe, just maybe he will think twice............ Yeh I know, wish full thinking.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yikes, Kelli! Poor Colin...I bet your heart stopped when you saw your little guy knocked out. Hope he heals quickly! :)

Kelli said...

Actually Ross watched the whole thing happen as he was running twoard him to get him off the truck. My poor husband thought our little guy was gone. He's a ok now though and doing super well