Saturday, June 28, 2008

Perfect summer day

The air is thick and sticky. Almost like taking a bath but it surrounds you wherever you go. This is a welcome sensation in contrast to the bone chilling cold of winter. I hate being cold, I would much rather be hot with the warm sun heating me through while I sip a cold glass of iced tea. Today will be a glorious day. My family is all together and the day is free to work outside on the garden beds and lawn. The kids plastic pool will be filled and Popsicles will be consumed. Toes will be covered in sand and sticky fingers will attract all kinds of dirt. This will be a day of good clean fun. Maybe if the rain holds off we will top it all off with a campfire complete with the mandatory smores.
A no rush day without obligations, just us being a family. Oh how sweet it is.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds great!!! I hope your day went well:)) I will be having alot of those days, we leave for vacation Monday and won't be back for a week:))))))))))))))
Love Ya!

Stephanie said...

If you are not going to let us see that baby or you in person , you'd better post some pictures, lol!! Love Ya, we just miss you that's all;)